Checklist (please have these items available when possible:
- Most recent x-rays from previous dentist
- List of medications
- Insurance card (printed from the internet or plastic)
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
What kind of first visit would you like?
- There are are three different types of first appointment in our practice:
- Comprehensive examination with Dr. Mattison followed by a cleaning on a separate day — if you would like a comprehensive look at your oral health, including x-rays, photographs, gum health analysis, models and bite analysis, jaw joint and muscle analysis, and esthetic evaluation. This is best for patients who feel they have significant dental issues, want a close look at their oral health, or would like to change something about their smile. [90 minutes]
- Cleaning with standard examination with Rebecca — a dental cleaning with tooth and gum charting and necessary x-rays [90 minutes]
- Limited Examination — a short visit to identify a problem and plan a solution before regular care [30 minutes]
We are not legally capable of diagnosing without radiographs (x-rays). If you are opposed to the safe and reasonable use of dental radiography, we will have to ask you to find another provider.