Teeth Cleaning & Dental Checkups
There are many ways you can play an active role in maintaining your oral health. Having your teeth cleaned in our office every six months is an excellent place to start. Our hygienists and dentists identify plaque and problem areas before thoroughly cleaning your teeth, providing you with information to sustain a happy, healthy smile.
Why is it important to have consistent teeth cleanings and checkups?
Routine checkups are an essential part of proper oral hygiene. Oftentimes during these appointments we can detect issues before they become symptomatic or painful. Some of the other benefits of regular teeth cleanings include:
- Healthier bones and gums.
- Longer lasting teeth.
- Early detection and treatment of cancer and other oral health conditions.
- Beautiful, healthy smiles.
What happens when we miss teeth cleanings?
Failure to keep up on proper oral hygiene can lead to:
- An impaired ability to eat and digest foods, leading to nutritional and systemic problems.
- Bad breath, resulting from advancing periodontal disease and/or rotting food particles.
- Negative effects on cardiovascular well-being and overall health.
- Plaque and tartar buildup, making it more difficult to clean teeth
Proper Oral Hygiene: How to Prevent Tooth Decay
While Rebecca will go through specifics of oral hygiene, it is always a great idea to remember the following concepts:
- Brush twice and floss once daily.
- Have dental cleanings and checkups twice a year.
- Eat fewer sugary and acidic foods.
- Use fluoride toothpaste and mouth rinses.